Data not being incremented on dbt run

The problem I’m having

I am having an issue getting the incremented rows when running dbt run. No rows are being incremented at all. The model only gets updated when I run the above command with the --full-refresh parameter.

The context of why I’m trying to do this

I’m running on a Windows cmd, with the command dbt run -m my_model. I’m using dbt adapter snowflake=1.7.1 .

What I’ve already tried

• I tried to union (all) two tables with the equal schema to get the new rows from one of them
  • I created the model based on one table then I tried to add the other, still unsuccessful

Some example code or error messages

What are the configuration settings for your model and what are you using inside the {% if is_incremental() %} block?

Note: @Owen originally posted this reply in Slack. It might not have transferred perfectly.

That’s the config

{{
config(
materialized=‘incremental’,
unique_key=‘id’,
incremental_strategy=‘merge’,
pre_hook=“ALTER WAREHOUSE dbt_DEV_WH SET WAREHOUSE_SIZE = ‘Large’”,
post_hook=“ALTER WAREHOUSE dbt_DEV_WH SET WAREHOUSE_SIZE = ‘X-Small’”
)
}}

and this is the

{% if is_incremental() %}
where filename not in (select filename from {{ this }})
{% endif %}

but I already used different strategies like

{% if is_incremental() %}
where updated_at not in (select max(updated_at) from {{ this }})
{% endif %}

It is relevant to say that when I run the query using dbt power user, I can find the new lines.

And before this step I am running a cte with qualify clause (maybe this is irrelevant)

You are performing the incremental load based on the filename column, but are defining id as unique key. Are you sure that’s what you want?

I figured out what the issue was.
I changed the filename column to a date-based column.

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.