error when try to set up full_refresh in dbt_project.yml file

I’ve been trying for a long time to indicate in dbt_project.yml file the configuration full_refresh: false
tried to do it both at the project level and at the model level with + and without it - always the same error -
underlined false and says that “Incorrect type. Expected “null”.yaml-schema: Model configs(0)”

what am I doing wrong?

for example

models:
  my_project_name:
    staging:
      +materialized: view
    intermediate:
      +materialized: table 
    marts:
      core:
        +full_refresh: false

or

models:
  my_project_name:
    full_refresh: false
    staging:
      +materialized: view
    intermediate:
    marts:
      core:

1 Like

I am also seeing this in dbt Cloud:

My config is:

seeds:
  +schema: SEED_DATA
  portfolio_tracking:
    ABC_BANK_SECURITY_INFO:
      +column_types:
        LOAD_TS: TIMESTAMP
      +post-hook:
        - "UPDATE {{ this }} SET LOAD_TS = '{{ run_started_at }}' where LOAD_TS is null"

However, when I run dbt seed --full-refresh it appears to work. I wonder if it’s a problem with the yaml plugin

Is dbt not allowing the project to run/build? Are the objects not seeing the project yml full_refresh flag?

I’m Using dbt cloud (v1.5), I do see the same message Incorrect type. Expected "null".yaml-schema: Model configs(0) as a hint when I add the flag to my dbt_project.yml.
But I’m not getting any errors when I try to run or build.

models:
    jaffle_shop_project:
        full_refresh: false
        +required_tests: {"unique.*|not_null": 2}  #all models in project need a unique test

marts:

When I run my incr model, the project appears to be abiding to the project yml full_refresh: false flag
it’s not running a create or replace transient table XXXXXXXX statement when I try a --full-refresh run.
(comment out the dbt_project.yml line, and it works/full refreshes as expected)

1 Like