Version Control, on my dbt-cloud account IDE only shows the following action options:
- Comit and sync
- Create a pull request on GitHub
- Refresh git state
How do I perform common github actions, including:
- changing branches
- merging a branch to default/main as required/instructed by the dbt fundamentals course and dbt documentation before deploying to production.
i.e. follow Quickstart for dbt Cloud and BigQuery | dbt Developer Hub instructions below:
Now that you’ve built your customer model, you need to commit the changes you made to the project so that the repository has your latest code.
- Click Commit and add a message. For example, “Add customers model, tests, docs.”
Click merge to main To add these changes to the main branch on your repo.
- The dbt fundamentals course content has 2018 content.
- Quickstart for dbt Cloud and BigQuery | dbt Developer Hub was last updated on Mar 29, 2023, but for example does not elaborate on how to ‘merge to main’. A click a ‘merge to main’ option does not appear where indicated by the documentation.
- googling ‘how to manage dbt code on github’ doesn’t provide practical help on how to manage dbt git repositories