Is there any way to make dbt run printout the commands executing in the on-run-end hook?

The problem I’m having

When I run dbt run I see

12:48:40  Running 4 on-run-end hooks
12:48:40  1 of 4 START hook: xxx.on-run-end.0 ........................ [RUN]
12:48:41  1 of 4 OK hook: xxx.on-run-end.0 ........................... [SUCCESS 1 in 1.02s]
12:48:41  2 of 4 START hook: xxx.on-run-end.1 ........................ [RUN]
12:48:41  2 of 4 OK hook: xxx.on-run-end.1 ........................... [SUCCESS 1 in 0.14s]
12:48:41  3 of 4 START hook: xxx.on-run-end.2 ........................ [RUN]
12:48:41  3 of 4 OK hook: xxx.on-run-end.2 ........................... [SUCCESS 1 in 0.13s]
12:48:41  4 of 4 START hook: xxx.on-run-end.3 ........................ [RUN]
12:48:41  4 of 4 OK hook: xxx.on-run-end.3 ........................... [SUCCESS 1 in 0.14s]
12:48:41  

I would like to see the actual commands in there without having to look at the ./target/compiled/b2b_micro_feature_store/dbt_project.yml/hooks/xxx-on-run-end-*.sql files

The context of why I’m trying to do this

What I’ve already tried

for f in ./target/compiled/b2b_micro_feature_store/dbt_project.yml/hooks/*-on-run-end-*.sql; do cat ${f}; echo ; done
drop table if exists xxx.xxx.yyy;
drop table if exists aaa.bbb.ccc;

works but it a bit cumbersome (due to the fact the the files lack trailing newlines) and the path is a bit long.

@ecerulm
you can see the commands in the db.log file

I have just had a quick poke around and don’t think that it’s directly overridable, but if you’re calling a macro you could always have the macro log information about itself in its definition?

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.