Not able to print data to terminal using print statement in dbt core

def model(dbt,session):
dbt.config(materialized=“table”)
df=dbt.ref(“model_json”)
print(f"Got dbt:{df}")
return df

help please

Note: @kvch771234 originally posted this reply in Slack. It might not have transferred perfectly.

Hi <@U055N498TAN>, python models don’t support print unfortunately, because the processing is all done inside of the data warehouse and isn’t exposed to dbt.

Note: @joellabes (dbt Labs) originally posted this reply in Slack. It might not have transferred perfectly.

okay <@UTBSZ3ZC0> then how can i check my results after writing code?

Note: @kvch771234 originally posted this reply in Slack. It might not have transferred perfectly.

Which warehouse are you using? If it’s Databricks/Spark then you can check the job’s logs on its side for example. For others, I don’t know whether they have an equivalent behaviour offhand. I can’t find the issue right now, but we are also considering adding some way to print to dbt from inside of a Python model.

<@UTBSZ3ZC0> right now im using snowflake

This is currently in limited access from Snowflake: Logging Messages from Stored Procedures, UDFs, and UDTFs | Snowflake Documentation

You may want to reach out to your Snowflake rep and ask if it can be enabled for your account