Deploy Power BI Views to Production

I’m using dbt to build my models, integrated with Fivetran, and the jobs run after the sync completes. This is great, works like a charm.

I’ve got views that are driving our Power BI dataset. There’s no need for the view to be rewritten every time the underlying jobs run. So, they’re not included in the Fivetran integration.

Once I’m done scripting the Power BI views, I would like to be able to run these models directly into production and update the view instantly.

I can’t wrap my head around what I need to change in my profile, or environment variables to do this. Any help would be much appreciated.

Ended up figuring this one out myself.

I added a prod profile to my profiles.yml and specified the schema in my dbt_project.yml file. Now, when I run and use --target prod I can push the rewritten views into service. Easy peasy.

1 Like

Hey @CatPhish , i am trying to do something similar. But my question here is, when dbt is integrated with fivetran, the profile.yaml file is not part of the git source code fivetran is syncing from, and fivetran UI also doesn’t provide any option to create profiles. So how can we create and select the new target ?