External connection exception occurred:

dbt newbie here.
I cloned an existing repo that in its requirement file was pointing to end of life dbt core version of 1.0.7 Updated it to 1.7.9 in dbt.requirements.txt and updated 3 packages (package: dbt-labs/dbt_utils, package: dbt-msft/tsql_utils, package: tnightengale/dbt_meta_testing ) version to latest as well as well.

When I run the auto-load and initialize script pwsh file, get the following error;

Getting error “dbt found 3
| package(s) specified in packages.yml, but only 0 package(s) installed in dbt_packages. Run “dbt deps” to install package dependencies”

But when I run dbt dps, I get the following error:
“External connection exception occurred: (‘Connection aborted.’, ConnectionResetError(104, ‘Connection reset by peer’))”

To be exact:

“06:15:33 Running with dbt=1.7.9
06:15:34 Installing dbt-labs/dbt_utils
06:15:39 Encountered an error:
External connection exception occurred: (‘Connection aborted.’, ConnectionResetError(104, ‘Connection reset by peer’))”

Any help or guidance would be deeply appreciated.

I’m encountering a similar issue:

PS C:\repos\dbt-snf> dbt deps
01:01:51  Running with dbt=1.7.9
01:02:00  Encountered an error:
External connection exception occurred: ('Connection aborted.', ConnectionResetError(10054, 'An existing connection was forcibly closed by the remote host', None, 10054, None))  

Narrowing the issue further, the issue appears to be with the API request. Here are the logs:

[0m09:57:47.726371 [debug] [MainThread]: Making package index registry request: GET https://hub.getdbt.com/api/v1/index.json
e[0m09:57:49.324294 [debug] [MainThread]: External call exception: ('Connection aborted.', ConnectionResetError(10054, 'An existing connection was forcibly closed by the remote host', None, 10054, None))

Same issue here - did anyone fix it? :slight_smile: