How to query tables named with reserved words

I’m trying to query from a source table from SnowFlake which name is a reserved word (my_schema.group). I’m trying to source it using {{ source(‘my_schema’, ‘group’) }}. I have tried different combinations of quotes for the table name and none of them work. Any suggestions on how to query from it would be appreciated.

Hello @jason, I recommend checking out the FAQ on the sources doc page. The question What if my source is in a poorly named schema or table? will have the solution, which is to use identifier. This way you can rename the table name to something that is not reserved. It’s possible you will need to use quotes around the identifier. If you’re on Snowflake, you might have to capitalize on your reserved word and then add the quotes because Snowflake is very case sensitive. So it would look something like this:

sources:
  - name: source_name
    schema: my_schema
    tables:
      - name: source_name_groups
        identifier: `GROUP`

Thanks Amy. In case anyone in the future looks at this: I had to add a quoting flag to get it to work.

sources:
  - name: source_name
    schema: my_schema
    quoting:
        identifier: true
    tables:
      - name: source_name_groups
        identifier: `GROUP`

I’m cleaning up Discourse a little this week. In the future, this question would be great for Stack Overflow — check out this article for more information.

I’m going to unlist this question to try to make Discourse more focused