ImportError when Running Functional Tests with dbt-adapters in dbt-core Project

Dear dbt Development Community,

I hope this message finds you well. I’m encountering an issue while attempting to run functional tests in the dbt-core project after making changes to the dbt-adapters project. Here’s the scenario:

1. I have made modifications to the dbt-adapters project.
  2. I set up a common virtual environment for both dbt-adapters and dbt-core projects.
  3. I installed the development requirements using pip install -r dev-requirements.txt and installed dbt-adapters as editable. I also tried to install both dbt-core and dbt-adapters as editable.
  4. When attempting to run a functional test with python3 -m pytest tests/functional/simple_snapshot, I encountered the following error:
ImportError: Error importing plugin "dbt.tests.fixtures.project": No module named 'dbt.tests.fixtures'

I’m unsure about what could be causing this error. Could you please provide some guidance on how to resolve it? Additionally, I’d appreciate any insights or best practices regarding setting up the testing environment for dbt projects and running functional tests seamlessly across different projects.

Thank you very much for your assistance and expertise.