install dbt issue

i am using python 3.11.0
when running
pip install dbt==0.18.0 --trusted-host pypi.org --trusted-host files.pythonhosted.org pip setuptools
to install dbt, getting below error. saying ERROR: No matching distribution found for cffi<1.15,>=1.9.
questions, is python version too high for the dbt? anyone successfully install the dbt using this version? if so, what would be fix below error, if not, any suggest python version and install steps? thanks so much for the help.

Thanks,
Co

Do you need to use such an old version of dbt?
Per https://docs.getdbt.com/docs/dbt-versions/core:
“All dbt Core versions released prior to 1.0 and their version-specific documentation have been deprecated.”

Note: @Owen originally posted this reply in Slack. It might not have transferred perfectly.

Thanks for pointing it out. the reason i put 0.18.0 because i was using it while ago. so what would be the mature dbt version? can you suggest me one? just now try to remove version number and use default version, still get error. can you share me one version number that works?with command pip install dbt==?.?.?.
also, saw one youtube video, it is saying not, pip install dbt command will no longer be used, we will need to use below command instead, if that true? Thanks so much for the help and your valuable time.

Thanks,
cO

As of 1.0, you do not install dbt-core directly: https://docs.getdbt.com/docs/get-started/pip-install

Note: @Owen originally posted this reply in Slack. It might not have transferred perfectly.

Thanks for the quick reply, when i try pip install dbt==1.0.0 --trusted-host pypi.org --trusted-host files.pythonhosted.org pip setuptools.
i got below error, so any version before 1.0.0, don’t need to install dbt-core, any version after that, will need to install dbt-core directly?

also i tried to install install dbt-core, it shows successful,but when try to run dbt run , it shows error :The term ‘dbt’ is not recognized as the name of a cmdlet, i run , pip install dbt-core, pip install dbt-snowflake , pip install snowflake all successfully. any idea?

Thanks,
Co

I’m having the same issue on my side