Is user tracking possible in dbt docs?

The problem I’m having

We are using the cloud-hosted version of dbt docs and I’ve been trying to figure out if there’s a way to see the user engagement there (mainly, page views) but I can’t find anything in the documentation. I’m not sure if this is a feature that doesn’t exist yet or one that simply isn’t documented.

The context of why I’m trying to do this

I’m interested in tracking the user engagement (just the page views would be more than enough) in dbt docs. That could provide some insight as to what models need more attention in terms of documentation.

What I’ve already tried

I’ve also searched through the community discussions and through the GitHub repo without much progress. I know there is an optional user tracking that dbt collect on their side. I also found a stale and closed GitHub issue basically requesting the same thing that I’m trying to do. It doesn’t seem like there were any updates, unfortunately.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated!

Hey @golemshinska.kosara, there isn’t existing functionality for this I’m sorry! I have reopened the issue you found - I don’t know that it will immediately lead to anything but it’s the best place to weigh in with your use case.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.