Hi Community Members, I’m new to dbt, trying to setup a environment on my local machine. Getting error at the step#3 when I try to execute the pip command
- Installed Python version 3.12.0, VS Code
- Created virtual python environment
- Ran command pip install dbt-databricks, getting below error :
" × Building wheel for lz4 (pyproject.toml) did not run successfully.
│ exit code: 1
╰─> [15 lines of output]
copying lz4\version.py → build\lib.win-amd64-cpython-312\lz4
copying lz4_init_.py → build\lib.win-amd64-cpython-312\lz4
copying lz4\block_init_.py → build\lib.win-amd64-cpython-312\lz4\block
copying lz4\frame_init_.py → build\lib.win-amd64-cpython-312\lz4\frame
building ‘lz4._version’ extension
error: Microsoft Visual C++ 14.0 or greater is required. Get it with “Microsoft C++ Build Tools”: Microsoft C++ Build Tools - Visual Studio
[end of output]
note: This error originates from a subprocess, and is likely not a problem with pip.
ERROR: Failed building wheel for lz4
Failed to build lz4
ERROR: Could not build wheels for lz4, which is required to install pyproject.toml-based projects"
A bit of Context why I’m trying to do this: Working on a POC project where I would like to use Azure Data Lake Storage, dbt and databricks to build a lakehouse architecture based data platform.
- Checked the latest python version is installed.
- Installed Visual Studio Buil d tools 2022 (refer screenshot that shows the C++ versions installed on machine.
- tried restarting the machine after installation