Materials/Ideas for a 40' introduction talk on dbt

Hi all, I just submitted a talk on dbt to a forthcoming in-house tech conference in my new company (a life insurance company).

Has anybody already presented dbt and ready to give advice on the best way to go ?

Currently our data is transformed inside a kind of ETL hell, and as a former dbt user, this could be a real opportunity to promote dbt usage in France.

MAIF

There are some links to prior presentations here:

1 Like

thank you @claus,
best regards

Hi @fetanchaud hope your talk went great! Could you please share materials, I’m also going to present DBT at internal conference. Thanks

Hi @brutman, sorry but finally dbt was not found ‘tech’ enough by the conference board… I think they did not even understand what it could be used for. As Bertrand Meyer said wisely, I am fighting with the NIH and HIN syndroms : Not Invented Here, and Habit Inhibiting Novelty…
Maybe on season 2 ? By the way, if you have materials on your side, I will be happy to use it that fine day !

Best

Hi @fabrice.etanchaud,
I gave a demo at the Data Innovation Summit a bit more than one month ago and it is on Y2B, so you can get ideas from that… or point them there if they want to get an idea without much effort.

Thank you @RobMcZag, I really appreciate.
Nice end of week-end !