Meetups for dbt users

Meetups we know about!

This is a list of Meetups that are organized by, or attended by, members of the dbt community. If you have a Meetup you’d like to add, let me know on Slack, or comment below :point_down:

North America

New York, USA

San Francisco, USA

Montreal, Canada

Europe

London, UK

Australia/New Zealand

Sydney, Australia

Melbourne, Australia

I want to talk about dbt at a Meetup!

Amazing! We are genuinely so stoked whenever someone mentions the three letters “dbt” in a row!

Here’s some advice based on the numerous (two :v:) Meetups I’ve spoken at:

• It’s much more compelling to an audience when you talk about a problem you solved (preferably a common one), rather than a technology stack. For example, I think @joshtemple’s article (and Meetup presentation) on Automated testing in the modern data warehouse is a great example of a problem many people in our field have, that dbt happened to help with.
  • Our community is still growing, so we think it’s best to talk at data-engineering-related Meetups, rather than creating a Meetup specifically for dbt users (save for some major cities like New York and London).
  • If you’re stuck for a topic idea, reach out to me on Slack. I have more article/talk ideas than I have time to write them! I’m happy to lend a hand!
  • We have a demonstration project which is great for communicating dbt to new users, and some logos. Expect more assets soon!

Lastly, please let us know if you are talking about dbt at a Meetup! It makes us feel warm and fuzzy inside, and we will do our best to help out :blush: