Meetups we know about!
This is a list of Meetups that are organized by, or attended by, members of the dbt community. If you have a Meetup you’d like to add, let me know on Slack, or comment below
New York, USA
San Francisco, USA
- dbt community meetup (one-off event on April 16)
I want to talk about dbt at a Meetup!
Amazing! We are genuinely so stoked whenever someone mentions the three letters “dbt” in a row!
Here’s some advice based on the numerous (two ) Meetups I’ve spoken at:
- It’s much more compelling to an audience when you talk about a problem you solved (preferably a common one), rather than a technology stack. For example, I think @joshtemple’s article (and Meetup presentation) on Automated testing in the modern data warehouse is a great example of a problem many people in our field have, that dbt happened to help with.
- Our community is still growing, so we think it’s best to talk at data-engineering-related Meetups, rather than creating a Meetup specifically for dbt users (save for some major cities like New York and London).
- If you’re stuck for a topic idea, reach out to me on Slack. I have more article/talk ideas than I have time to write them! I’m happy to lend a hand!
- We have a demonstration project which is great for communicating dbt to new users, and some logos. Expect more assets soon!
Lastly, please let us know if you are talking about dbt at a Meetup! It makes us feel warm and fuzzy inside, and we will do our best to help out