Here’s how this works:
- Review the list of frequently asked questions (FAQ) below, before asking a question or making a comment
- Submit a response by replying to this post. We’ll answer in 2-3 business days and add your question to the FAQ
We ask that you please:
- Do not ask a question that is already listed in the FAQ
- Follow community guidelines
If you’d like to reach out to us directly, feel free to email firstname.lastname@example.org.
1. What is Coalesce?
Coalesce is a dbt community event dedicated to advancing the practice of analytics engineering. You can find more general information about the event on the website.
2. When is Coalesce happening?
The event happened December 7-11, 2020. Stay tuned for 2021 dates!
3. Who organizes Coalesce?
The event is hosted by the folxs from Fishtown Analytics, makers of dbt.
4. Who should come to Coalesce?
Analytics engineers, data engineers and data analysts spending their days working in the modern data stack. All members of the dbt community!
5. How do I register for the event?
2020 Registration Page
6. Where is the schedule?
Details about 2020 speakers and sessions are available on the website.
8. Why is Coalesce happening?
Read thoughts from Fishtown Analytics Founder & CEO, Tristan Handy.
9. Why should I attend?
At Coalesce, attendees get a chance to:
- Meet a global network of analytics engineering professionals
- Connect with the people behind everyday analytics tools
- Meet data dream teams
10. How do I become a partner?
Send an email to email@example.com and we’ll put you in touch with our Head of Alliances.
11. What were the content guidelines?
We were looking for speakers who put careful thought into getting the fundamentals right. Talks fell (roughly) into these buckets:
- Data transformation: Marketing attribution in dbt, Kimball for dbt, structuring your dbt project, writing better SQL
- Data testing: building trust, testing with macros, testing culture
- Deployment: deployment best practices, tools, deploying with Airflow
- Documentation: impact of good documentation, tools, self-service culture
- The modern data stack: choosing the right tools, managing warehouse migrations
- The modern data team: hiring and developing talent, improving cross-team collaboration
12. How do I create a Crowdcast profile?
- Register for Coalesce first
- Navigate to the event page on Crowdcast page (after registering, the prompts should lead you there)
- With your cursor, hover over the sandwich menu in the upper left corner
- Once the left-sidebar menu pops up, click your name at the bottom
- Click the “edit” button
- Update your name
- Add a profile photo
- Add a username
- Write a short bio — We suggest adding your name, pronouns, company and the easiest way to reach you (i.e. email and/or linkedin url)
- Add a location
13. Were sessions recorded?
Yes! Sessions are available on the website.
17. Were beginners welcome?
Yes! But not all sessions were beginner-friendly.