Quickstart is wrong, skips many steps like creating deployment environment

The problem I’m having

The instructions are accurate until you get here: Quickstart for dbt Cloud and BigQuery | dbt Developer Hub
There is no “test connection” button. Then the next page about managed repository is not accurate there’s no “successfully imported repository” message. Then it gets worse here: Quickstart for dbt Cloud and BigQuery | dbt Developer Hub

It seems like a very innovative product that people relatively new to the field would like to learn so please improve your documentation.

Can you please go through each of those instructions, try them yourself like you are a dbt beginner and fill in the blanks? Quickstart usually means no need to read documentation to get something up and running.

Edit: saw the “create environment” documentation.

Filled in some stuff for a dev environment and now so I’m in the IDE but then I ran dbt run and it failed. I was skimming through it and wish the hint bubbles had back arrows which they should. Or at least be able to pull it up again before guiding me here to ask questions.

It looks like I have no data sources although I did everything on GCP BigQuery and connected it.